About this site...

I love vintage things. I will never forget the feelings that overcame me years ago when I first entered an antique shop! There was an overwhelming sense of purpose, history, and life that overtook me! I was completely fascinated - and still am! Old things speak to me. They speak of history, simplicity, and another lifetime. Heritage and appreciating the past and those who have walked before me is important to me. Out of the delight I have for vintage things I have decided to share my treasures here. Those who understand my style of decorating and my fascination with thrift store treasures please come and sit a spell and share some of your finds with me!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Vintage is frugal

One of the best things about decorating vintage style is the cost! All of my treasures whether they are genuinely an antique or just have the vintage style appearance were purchased for next to nothing! The treasures that fill my house were mostly bought from the Goodwill, St. Vincent De Paul stores, or the like. Most items I buy cost less than $4.00 - with many of them only costing $1! Money goes along way with me! Many people tell me they have no luck at thrift stores. I think what is more often the case is they have no patience! You must have time and a love of the hunt to find the treasures. You also have to have an eye for it. You have to be able to see the beauty in something that someone else wouldn't give a second glance to. You need a little creativity, a little vision! That is probably why I love it all. I have an artist mind and thrift store shopping is like finding the right colors for a painting and putting the masterpiece together in my mind piece by piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I enjoy hearing from you!