About this site...

I love vintage things. I will never forget the feelings that overcame me years ago when I first entered an antique shop! There was an overwhelming sense of purpose, history, and life that overtook me! I was completely fascinated - and still am! Old things speak to me. They speak of history, simplicity, and another lifetime. Heritage and appreciating the past and those who have walked before me is important to me. Out of the delight I have for vintage things I have decided to share my treasures here. Those who understand my style of decorating and my fascination with thrift store treasures please come and sit a spell and share some of your finds with me!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

My $1.00 Rocking Chair

One of my favorite finds is this old rocking chair. I really don't think it's incredibly old but it defintely is worn and had some years. I love the vintage pea green fabric (yes, I love that color!) and the images on it. I don't even care that it needs sewn (although I may eventually mend it). I saw this rocker at a neighborhood garage sale. I saw "$1.00" marked on it. I couldn't believe it. I asked the lady holding the sale about the price and she said yes, indeed it was just a dollar! One of my young daughters sat in it to reserve it while I continued to look around. It is actually the only piece of furniture in my home that is actually the right height for me! I'm not real short or anything but have shorter legs. When I sit in this chair my feet are actually on the ground - which is a nice change. It is a sturdy chair that not only I like the look of but I can enjoy sitting in.
I had fun putting some old pillows I picked up at the goodwill on it, along with a hat I picked up there too. It sits in the corner of my family room next to an old sewing table pictured below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I enjoy hearing from you!