About this site...

I love vintage things. I will never forget the feelings that overcame me years ago when I first entered an antique shop! There was an overwhelming sense of purpose, history, and life that overtook me! I was completely fascinated - and still am! Old things speak to me. They speak of history, simplicity, and another lifetime. Heritage and appreciating the past and those who have walked before me is important to me. Out of the delight I have for vintage things I have decided to share my treasures here. Those who understand my style of decorating and my fascination with thrift store treasures please come and sit a spell and share some of your finds with me!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Old Family Pictures - my mother's side

I love taking pictures. Photographs capture the moments of life. Every photo has a story. I am thankful to have quite a few old family photographs. I got my love for pictures from my Mother. She has album upon album - as do I. I am so thankful she preserved many old photographs. She has given me copies of many of them and some I have are originals. Someday I will treasure the originals when she passes them on to me. For now I love having the copies displayed in my home.
I recently did the collage of photos above. They are from my mother's side of the family. The three top photos are my mother as a child. The left middle one is of my maternal grandmother as a child with her sisters. The middle photo is of my Mother's parents as a young couple. The middle right picture is of my grandpa as a child with his siblings. The bottom left picture is of my mother and her family. In this photo she is the youngest child. I believe her mother was expecting her brother Tom in this photo. The bottom right picture is of me and two of my cousins when we were very young. This collage is very special to me. Family and especially the Christian heritage that has been passed down to me through these people is priceless.

"But You, O LORD, reign forever; Your throne endures to all generations." Lamentations 5:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I enjoy hearing from you!