About this site...

I love vintage things. I will never forget the feelings that overcame me years ago when I first entered an antique shop! There was an overwhelming sense of purpose, history, and life that overtook me! I was completely fascinated - and still am! Old things speak to me. They speak of history, simplicity, and another lifetime. Heritage and appreciating the past and those who have walked before me is important to me. Out of the delight I have for vintage things I have decided to share my treasures here. Those who understand my style of decorating and my fascination with thrift store treasures please come and sit a spell and share some of your finds with me!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another old Chair I love

I love old chairs. I bought this chair after Christmas at the goodwill. It is sitting in my kitchen. My husband saw it and said "I hope you didn't pay more than $2 for that thing." Funny how people see things so differently. I would have been happy to pay quite a bit more than the $4.00 I did pay! It just shouts history, simplicity, and character at me. I think it shouts old, beat up chair at him! I enjoyed putting some of my other finds on it. The cross-stitch piece I picked up at a garage sale this summer. I got a few antique magazines from the 70's and early 80's at the goodwill ($1.00 each) and stacked some of them on it. I love how the bird plate I found @ St. Vincent last week ties in so nicely with the picture on the front of the magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I enjoy hearing from you!