About this site...

I love vintage things. I will never forget the feelings that overcame me years ago when I first entered an antique shop! There was an overwhelming sense of purpose, history, and life that overtook me! I was completely fascinated - and still am! Old things speak to me. They speak of history, simplicity, and another lifetime. Heritage and appreciating the past and those who have walked before me is important to me. Out of the delight I have for vintage things I have decided to share my treasures here. Those who understand my style of decorating and my fascination with thrift store treasures please come and sit a spell and share some of your finds with me!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Pretty Painted Egg

My youngest Daughter seems to have a nack for knowing what treasures might appeal to me! She showed me this lovely little hand painted egg at the Goodwill recently. I smiled as I had already once picked it up. I had never seen a painted egg in a case like this. It is so unique and beautiful. I payed only a dollar - maybe $1.50 for it. I still am always amazed at the treasures tossed aside at the Goodwill. I have since seen many of these for sale on Ebay for around $15.00 with some asking $42! Thanks to my little treasure hunter for drawing my eye to it a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I enjoy hearing from you!